Dear Future 2018 Graduate and Hodgesville Elementary School Alumnus,
Congratulations on your upcoming completion of high school! The staff at Hodgesville Elementary School is pleased to hear of your accomplishments and would like to extend our best wishes for your future endeavors.
As an alumnus of Hodgesville Elementary School, we encourage you to participate in our Scholarship competition to win $500 to assist with expenses related to furthering your education.
To participate in the competition, you must meet the following criteria:
- Attended Hodgesville Elementary School for at least 3 years
- Plan to pursue higher education after completion of high school
- Provide proof of enrollment in a higher education facility prior to receiving the scholarship money
Please submit an essay addressing the following topics:
- How has your education contributed to who you are today?
- Discuss how your interest in your field or major developed and describe your experience in the field – such as volunteer work or internships – and what you gained from this involvement.
- Briefly describe your long and short term goals.
- Why are you the best candidate to receive this scholarship?
The essay needs to be typed, double spaced with size 12 Times New Roman font. No identifying names should be included on the essay pages or within the essay. Include the attached cover sheet.
Essays must be submitted to Hodgesville Elementary School no later than Friday, May 4, 2018 by 3:30 p.m. Essays received after this date will not be judged. Please submit the following application and your essay to:
Hodgesville Elementary School
Attn. Janet Phillips, Principal
918 Teter Road
Buckhannon, WV 26201
All seniors are invited to return to Hodgesville Elementary School on May 21, 2018 at 2:30 p.m. (if this date / time interferes with a senior activity we will change it). An invitation is included in this packet. The scholarship winner will be announced at this time.
Once again, congratulations and good luck!! We hope to hear from you!
Janet L. Phillips